Did You Know?
Zoning is an important component of land-use planning as it guides future growth and development. All land within the Heartland has been zoned for a specific type of use ranging from agricultural to heavy industrial.
Alberta’s Industrial Heartland has been home to industry for over six decades. Throughout this time, the number and size of industrial operations have increased. Currently, more than 40 companies are located in the Heartland and vary in size from small service businesses to multinational manufacturing corporations.
Industry’s presence in the region helps create thriving, prosperous, and sustainable communities. This includes employment, sourcing parts and feedstock locally, being part of the municipal tax base, and supporting local organizations through donations, community investment programs and volunteer commitments by their employees.
Community Investment Programs
Thousands of dollars are available each year for local non profits, schools, volunteers, and community groups through industry’s community investment and grant programs.
- ATCO – Employees Participating in Communities
- City of Fort Saskatchewan
- Dow Gives – Community Investment Program
- ME Global
- Pembina’s Actions That Help (PATH) Program
- Shell Community Service Fund – Shell employees/retirees
- Shell Social Investment
- Strathcona County – Prize & Promotional Giveaways
- Strathcona County – Sponsorship Opportunities